Friday, September 12, 2008

The Candidate for CHANGE...

I have refrained (intentionally) from giving much political commentary lately - for good reason I think. I am quite sick of it all actually. However, I found this bit of info very interesting. In a recent article from the N.Y. Times, regarding the need for a "New" aggressive tone from the Obama campaign:
  • "In the midst of all this, Mr. Obama had a private lunch on Thursday with someone he battled with for much of the year but who knows how to put the Republicans on the defensive: former President Bill Clinton. Discussion topics, aides said, included how Mr. Obama might handle Ms. Palin in the days ahead." (NY Times, Obama Plans a sharper tone as party frets, by By ADAM NAGOURNEY and JEFF ZELENYSept. 11, 2008)

So, I ask you, is this change? Or is this politics as usual - taking cues from the Clintons on how to destroy one's political enemies. I ask this in the most non-political, objective, strictly non-partisan perspective of an outside observer, of course...

Tell me what do you think...

1 comment:

Jason_73 said...

I think your right. Business as usual.

I actually believe, (possibly naively) that the guy started off with some sincere intentions of independence and so forth, but once you get near "the borg" of "power", aka Washington, it assimilates you into it's machine.

I read an interesting article recently, (I'll look for it) in the LA Times about how things really can't change like these guys promise. It's almost impossible.

I guess we need to keep our hope on someone in a greater position of authority. And Romans 13