Friday, March 30, 2007

Soggy day alert...




So, today was my Friday off right? A couple of things thwarted my usual plans of lounging around in my jammies and robe for 8 hours by myself. Namely:




It rained.



Also, the kids were home - no school today.







I know, I probably sound whiney and selfish - cause I am. I just can't seem to get a good day alone. Sigh. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE my family - love every minute I spend with them - but sometimes it is nice to have just a few hours of QUIET! They're BOYS for crying out loud.




We did make the best of it, however.






We had some fun last night - played hold-em with my two youngest till about midnight - since they weren't going to school the next day. Yes, you read it right - I played cards with my kids till MIDNIGHT. They're 8 and 11. My 11-year old whooped on me. He kept getting these crazy hands. Today, we slept in. Later on we'll cook some kind of dead animal and chow down. We rented some movies and bought some ice cream too! Lovely day off. And yes, I am enjoying my time off WITH my family.

1 comment:

Jason_73 said...

I'm not sure your Pentecostal heritage would approve of games involving a deck of cards, much less the evils of poker. And including a young children, that might be a mill stoneable offense in the eyes of Brother William Seymore and Sister Aimee. I will pray for you to my Jack Hayford Icon.