Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ah, I'm melting......


Sooooo, it's really hot out there! And humid, and muggy, and there's generally no breeze. Miserable.


This past week and a half have been pret-ty busy! I was enlisted to play bass in an "orchestra" for a play - Lil' Abner - which is being performed at "Theater in the Park" in New Salem. It's about a half hour from our home. Here's the catch, rehearsals have been late in the evening - performances have begun at 8pm! Haven't been getting home till 11:15 or later - and up at 5:40am for work each day. I haven't had two minutes to rub together. We don't have performances again until Thursday. I get one more night off - then it's four more days in a row. Don't get me wrong - I really enjoy playing - and getting paid for it (unless you count gas and food expense into the equation....). Here's the other catch - it's "IN" the park - we're playing outside - in the hot, muggy, buggy nighttime air. I may think twice before I do Theater in the Park again.
As for everything else, we are still praying about where we "fit in" with regards to a Church body. I firmly believe in the importance of being in regular fellowship. I believe that the church is and always has been God's plan to reach the world (yes, even as flawed as we are!). I will be writing more about this very soon - perhaps even on my "new" theology blog. Some folks may take me to task on some of my views on these issues - I welcome the debate. Bye for now...

No comments: