Saturday, October 13, 2007

Busy days off...

Soo... this is my weekend off. Yep. Yesterday went down like this. I get up VERY early these days (more on that later). I was in the shower by 6am. At 7 I dropped Beth off at work, then went with Austin and Bryce to their school for "Donuts with Dad" - cool! Of course, they were having a book fair in the computer center right next to the donuts and coffee - ($$$$$$$).



At 8 I came back and picked up Darian and Cameron to take them to the dentist - in Springfield. No cavities or other surprises ($$$$$$) thank you Lord! Since they were missing school and their regular lunch period, we stopped and got double bacon burger combos from Wendy's. (If you can find a greasier sandwich, you're in Mexico!) This is a picture of Cameron at Wendy's - "Look ma, no cavities!"
I then got to spend money on a new big fat knobby tire for my Jeep ($$$$$$$) - we had a flat Thursday. I am also changing the brakes - so I went and bought them too ($$$$$$). I then went to Home depot and a couple of other hardware stores to get more stuff for our basement project. (more $$$$$$$$). All told I was home for just a few minutes to walk the dog before I went back out and picked Beth up from work. Whew!!!! What a long - busy tedious EXPENSIVE day!

Today - (Saturday) it is cold and drizzly (kind of a spitty rain). I was up early again - then napped - then rushed out for Austin's final soccer game. Because of the rain - and a short roster for both teams (due to the cold rain I'm sure) they played short halves. Austin's team went scoreless, but gave up three. For that reason, we were glad it was short. Kind of a bummer to have the final game in the cold rain - and with a loss. Too bad for our team - but perhaps they will do better this spring.

Austin saw quite a bit of action today. He does a great job as defender and is great at tackling the ball from other players. He is also very good at passing the ball to his teammates. We are very proud of him.


I am now off to work on our basement - the plan is to finish up with the drywall and taping this weekend. This includes some duct work and more (minor) electrical. I also need to change the brakes on the jeep - maybe it will warm up some later.

No comments: