Thursday, June 7, 2007

Really Big News!!!!

So, I know it's been awhile. A lot has been going on. Let me recap:

We are currently experiencing high winds in central Illinois. We'll be keeping the candles close by - supposed to be some tornados - SCARY!

In addition to my busyness, I left work early today - sniff - sick. (Not too sick to blog a little bit I s'pose, but I'll be going to bed in a few.) I did realize however that there has been a lot going on this past few days that I should comment on.

  • There was a huge announcement that embryonic stemcell research may not be necessary after all - some bright guys have been able to replicate cells from mouse skin. (whatever that means). I just think that embryonic stem-cell research opens the door to a whole lot more mess.

When does life begin? At conception! It's a baby if you want it - it's a fetus if you want to suck it into a sink, or burn it alive in the mother's womb and give birth to it dead into a toilet in some "doctor's" office and tell yourself it's o.k. - isn't an "embryo" just a tiny unborn baby? Nuff said.

  • Scooter Libby was sentenced to 30 months. Probably appeal, may take a couple of years. He'll be pardoned for sure on Bush's last day in office.

No big deal in the long run. The whole thing smells like entrapment - He wasn't convicted of anything but forgetting a few details about what he said during the investigation. Look into it!


  • Apparently, the bigwigs in Russia are all upset over the proposal of an addition to our missile defense systems (in light of a few crazies in Iran & No. Korea).

Isn't the cold war over?????

  • A 15 year-old girl was kept prisoner in a small locked room by some fruitcakes in Oregon.

That's just not right! Let me at 'em!

  • The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim have won the Stanley Cup!!!!

(As if I actually kept up on sports.) Apparently this is a really big deal - they defeated some team from Canada, eh?. Hurrah for us!


  • But, the really big news is this.....









-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Paris Hilton got out of jail early.
______________________________________________________



This seems to be the IMPORTANT headline of the day.


If Aliens landed, or if Santa Clause appeared riding on the back of the Loch Ness Monster accompanied by the Tooth Fairy, Bigfoot and the Easter Bunny - Paris Hilton getting out of jail early would pre-empt them all.


What a country we live in.

No comments: